Six are true; six are false. Subscribe to our podcast to find out what's what.
(It's like "Two Truths and a Lie" but better!)
1) His favorite movie is Dirty Dancing. No one puts Baby in a corner!
2) Once in college he used the urinal next to the lead singer of the Gin Blossoms.
3) He drove the wrong way on a roundabout in London. Twice.
4) As a grown adult his eye swelled completely shut after being punched in the face by a five year old girl.
5) When he was three he sat on the steps in a background shot on Sesame Street.
6) He was attacked by a monkey while hiking in Costa Rica and had his binoculars stolen.
7) Over his lifetime he has broken more than 20 bones in his body.
8) He has never won a trophy in his entire life.
9) His lifelong dream is to be a published novelist.
10) He collects rare stamps and curates an anonymous blog on the topic.
11) He currently plays trumpet in a 1940’s-era swing band.
12) As a child he electrocuted himself into unconsciousness while conducting an experiment to see if a lawn mower would continue running without a spark plug.
Patrick is technically on Twitter. You can try following him @curran_unc:
Six are true; six are false. Subscribe to our podcast to find out what's what!
(We take this game very seriously, so please give it your best effort.)
1) He once made 23 free throws in a row in basketball.
2) He used to be a high school chemistry teacher.
3) His mother named him after her favorite actor (Gregory Peck).
4) When he was 9 years old he accidentally lit his hair on fire doing a science experiment.
5) He has shaken hands with two U.S. Vice-Presidents.
6) He played the clarinet throughout elementary and junior high school.
7) He was the Pacific Northwest junior table tennis champion when he was 14.
8) He did the illustrations for an opera singer’s autobiography.
9) His picture appears on the planet Mars.
10) His grandmother went on a lunch date with Albert Einstein.
11) He and a friend drove across the U.S. in under 48 hours.
12) He has a small, supernumerary digit on his left foot.
Greg is on Twitter (not a lie)! Follow him @GregoryRHancock:
Meet Our webmaster
Tessa L. Johnson is a quantitative methods doctoral student at UMD and is also our wonderful webmaster. (Honestly we keep trying to take this section down but then it shows up again, so we've stopped fighting it.)
Follow Tessa on Twitter @tessajolee:
1) Once a beetle crawled in her ear while she was asleep.
2) She plays flute and piccolo and was part of the national-championship-winning marching band when she was in high school.
3) She speaks fluent Klingon. Qapla!
4) She has listened to several podcasts and has concluded that Quantitude is definitely a podcast.
5) She used to be a therapist, but one day quant found her and she never looked back.
6) How did reading this list make you feel?
To our families, friends, colleagues, question-askers, listeners, enemies, frenemies, rival podcast hosts, and everyone else in between: thank you for listening, putting up with us, and helping us make this podcast a thing. It is a joy to record, and we are grateful to all of you for supporting us.